Friday, November 26, 2010

Back at home


After finals, life has been a blur.My Sydney trip with Katlin went by sooo fast,too fast.It was really awesome to get away from school life and to actually get to vacation without thinking about schoolwork that needs to be done after the vacation but at the same time, I really didn't want my life in Australia to end.

It truly has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life.Not just because I was on my own in another country, because at times I did miss home, but also because I have done many things I don't think I'll ever get the chance to do again, such as be close to the Great Barrier Reef, go trekking through a world heritage area that's thousands of years old, touch and be around flora and fauna endemic to Australia, and be with the most wonderful group of people all at one time all in one place.

I am so glad that I was able to do this.I've learned so much about myself, about my academic focus (biology), about another country's cultures and customs, but most of all I've learned to really love life.I've had so much time this semester to reflect on myself and my future as well as my past.With the hustle and bustle of school life at Oxy, it's very rare to be able to do this so I relished all the breathing space that JCU allowed me.

I'm so sad that this semester has come to an end but I am so glad SO SO glad that it happened at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment